Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fly Free

Well after my little rant in my last blog, I figured I would actually post another poem. Shocking huh? haha. Anyway, I was browsing through my list of poetry and came across this one. In reading through this again two things occur to me: 1. I was obviously at a very dark and trying time in my life; and 2. No matter how low I feel, I am, and always will be, a hopeless romantic.

Fly Free

My heart bleeds
My body shakes
My emotions in turmoil
I've done it again
Your lonely little bird
Scared and flying away
Desperately seeking approval
Fearing rejection
Wanting love and acceptance
Yet causing hurt
Running when she doesn't understand
Unable to know right from wrong
So afraid of causing more pain
Hurting the one person who understands
The little bird begs for forgiveness
But expects none
Thinking in her mind that she doesn't deserve it
He is her guardian angel
A bright spot in a dark and cruel world
His words sing through her heart like a melody
Igniting a fire that died long ago
Giving her pause
Making her see what it is to fly again
To leave behind the dark demons which haunt her dreams
Following her through her day
Refusing to give her a moment's peace
Chipping away at what is left of her fractured soul
But he lifts her up
Banishing the demons
Putting her high on a ledge and showing her that it is ok
She will be able to do it
To live, to soar amongst the clouds
To reach for the heavens
He will lead the way
Teach her how to fly again
To live a true life, not a ghost of an existence
Her guardian angel
Her white knight
Leading her back to the heavens where they can fly free together for the rest of time

2 comments:

JoJo said...

OK that one just about made me cry. *sniff*

Siobhan said...

Awww *hugs*. :)